Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pork Tenderloin in 15 minutes?

Yes, it's true. One of my favorite dishes to prepare at cooking shows is a juicy pork tenderloin - done in 15 minutes in the microwave.

Before I get into the details, I have to tell you that the secret is something we've dubbed "The Magic Pot." Officially, it's the Deep Covered Baker, but whatever you want to call it, it's the best investment I've made in my kitchen in years.


The Deep Covered Baker is made of stoneware. Like our other stoneware pieces, it can be used in the oven, microwave and freezer. And it's easy to clean.
So back to the tenderloin. Prepare it by brushing it with oil and a rub of your choice, garnish with onions and potatoes or leave it by itself, put it in the microwave on high for 10-12 minutes, take it out and let it sit for 10 minutes - the amazing thing is the meat continues to cook once it's been removed from the microwave.

Voila! A tasty, healthy meal with meat and veggies in less than half an hour.

That's one great recipe with the Deep Covered Baker. I've got dozens more I'll share with you in upcoming posts.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wow! I'm glad I finally got to try what you've been raving about. Tender and juicy. That was delicious.